Network Security - WHAT is it?
Network security prevents attacks and interception attempts at the point where individual servers, applications and data storage areas are connected together.
It involves the use of a number of tools:
- Host-based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) for servers
- Perimeter-facing and internal-facing firewalls
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) Services
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (NIPS)
- Network-based Data Loss/Leakage Prevention (NDLP) Services
- Distribution Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection & Mitigation Services
It’s important to emphasize that not all clients need all of these. There’s no ‘standard’ or default approach: you can ‘cherry pick’ from the list, according to your needs.
WHEN do I need it?
Many attacks take place at the network level, so network security is always needed. We work for our clients full-time, giving them the assurance of constant protection.